7.24.2012

DIY: Exfoliating Legs

instagram---> @morgwyman
for more tips & tricks!

I found THE single most amazing way to get soft, & I mean SOFT, legs.
I've never thought much about exfoliating my legs, but now I can't stop. I use this scrub most every week now. (and my husband doesn't complain either!) Everyone knows that I love scrubbing my face with sugar in the mornings, (read here) so when I heard this homemade scrub had sugar as the main base, I knew it would be amazing.





Exfoliant:
2 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup oil -- I use a fragranced body oil or coconut oil. You can also use Olive, Vegetable, Avocado, etc. 
5 Tablespoons citrus juice -- I used freshly squeezed lemon & lime. 

Mix this together!

This recipe MAKES A LOT-- I usually use it on my legs & arms, and still have some left over. You can cut the recipe in half, by all means!

Routine Steps:
They say to soak your legs in a bath, but since I personally think bath's are disgusting because I'd rather not lay in a tub of my own dead body skin & dirt... so I stick to soaking my legs in the shower! 

1. Soak your legs in warm/hot water for 5-10 minutes. --This helps open the pores to get a deeper & cleaner cut when you shave. 
2. Shave your leg regularly. --This obviously gets the hair off as needed. 
3. Take a handful of the exfoliant & SCRUB for 2-3 minutes.
4. Shave AGAIN. --Because you just exfoliated without the hair, it removes all the dead skin cells you never knew you had. Rinse your razor regularly, & you will see why!! 
5. Again, take a handful of exfoliant & scrub AGAIN! --Because you have already exfoliated & taken off hair & extra dead skin cells, this final exfoliant will lather the fresh skin to it's fullest potential. 
6. Repeat on other leg. 
7. Lather with lotion immediately after shower! --This is the best time to moisturize due to the pore's still being open & fresh. I prefer Jergen's. It's my favorite lotion for my skin & the smell cancel's out the oil in the exfoliant.

& then... ENJOY YOUR NEW LEGS! 

I loved this exfoliant SO MUCH that I used it on my arms as well! I'm obsessed. Your skin will feel like new & will be the softest it has ever been! Not only your face needs exfoliating! 



Ladies- Do yourself a favor & try this NOW! 
& let me know how it turns out, I want to hear!

Please take a minute to subscribe on the right hand side!



10 comments :

Unknown said...

Omg, you are amazing!!! Seriously, you have the best tips! I am putting this on Facebook now! LOL! xo, Pip

http://easyoutfitsbypip.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

hi Morgan! I heard about your amazing blog from Pip and thought I'd stop by. She's right! Great tips for exfoliating. I forget to take the time to do it, but I'm always so grateful when I do. Nothing beats smooth baby soft skin:)

Nice to meet you! I'm a new follower:)
xo Courtney
Closet Fashion Fix

bohemian vanity said...

Thanks for sharing this, i deffo have to try it ! Think i will take coconutoil :) XX Tani

Elisabeth said...

Great post and blog dear!
I follow u (:

xx from
http://heelsandroses.blogspot.com.es/

noraaradi said...

Nice blog! FOllowed you on bloglovin, mabye follow me back?

http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

Always Maylee said...

Oh this is pretty awesome, I'm going to have to try it! :)

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Fash Boulevard said...

oh my goodness, I CAN NOT wait to try this. Thanks so much! Fabulous post, love! If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Tasia |Ruffles and Sequins| said...

Oooo such great tips, I need to try this asap. Its reading great DIYs like this that make me want to host a spa weekend with my best gfs, maybe this will happen soon :) Darling little blog you have here <3

Hope you are having a lovely weekend!
Tasia
http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.ca

Sharde said...

i am totally trying this asap! i can't wait to get some sexy fresh legs! :) now following you!
sharde @ the style projects

Ballet Pumps And Roses said...

Great tips - all I have to do now is get somebody to stretch mine :)

Joanne

http://www.balletpumpsandroses.com

x