12.22.2014

Rohan Scott Wyman

Rohan Scott Wyman
11.22.14



After a few weeks of getting adjusted to our new life with our sweet baby boy, I finally found the time to sit down & share his birth story! 

My original due date was November 28, 2014. The last month of pregnancy I was feeling so uncomfortable and I was determined not to go past my due date. I always joked that I would do whatever I could to convince my doctor to induce me early. (but seriously.) 

We knew, as far as the ultrasound could tell, that Rohan was a little chunk of love & that he was measuring just above average in weight... our doctor said he was the "Gerber" baby, little with a big belly. I was born at 7 lbs. 8 oz., and Scott was 9 lbs. 13 oz., so I was really nervous he would take after his father in weight. :) 

The last couple of weeks were extremely uncomfortable for me as he seemed pretty happy lodged VERY low in my stomach, and wasn't going anywhere. Childbirth was such a foreign concept to me. No matter how much advice was given, how many birth stories were read, or how much research was done.. I still felt like I was completely unprepared for what was to come. All I knew, was that it had to happen... and there was nothing I could do about it. Some days I would wake up & feel so ready to give birth, and others I was consumed by fear. 

Fast forward to Thursday, November 20, 2014. Scott and I headed to the doctor for my 39th week appointment. We were praying for good news & that my body was making the necessary steps it needed to prepare for labor. After the doctor measured my dilation, position of the baby, etc., we knew Rohan would be making his debut pretty soon. My doctor left the room for a minute, walked back in and said, "So, what day would you like to have your baby?"  

Scott and I laughed nervously, and I jokingly replied, "Tomorrow." 
She said, "Ok! Let me see what times are available." 

Uh, What? I was just kidding. but not really... wait is she being serious? 
I'm not ready for this.

Apparently the hospitals were insanely busy & completely booked the next week. (They were even turning away some pregnant mama's.. yikes!) She was also leaving out of town on November 30th and wanted to make sure I had a room reserved & secure so she could give me the time and attention I needed for my delivery. 

So, the appointment was made for Friday, November 21, at 6:00 pm to be induced. Scott joked he felt like we were making a reservation at a restaurant, except for a baby this time. 

I was in complete shock and fumbled to get any understandable words out of my mouth. I was excited & shocked... the day was finally here. We called our families, and then decided to have one special last night just for us. Scott took me to get my favorite ice cream, obviously.., and we enjoyed every bite along with dinner & a movie that night! 

That morning, we cleaned our apartment, packed the rest of our things.. and waited. Those were the longest hours of my life to this day. Finally, we were checked in at the hospital and it was go time. I was dilated to a 3 so they started the Pitocin around 7:30 pm and it was a waiting game from there. At around 1 am Saturday morning I asked for my epidural and it was smooth sailing from there on out. Seriously, that epidural was a miracle worker. I slept like a baby until 5 am when they came to check me for dilation again. The nurse checked twice and nervously asked... "Um.. are you feeling any pressure?" No.. "Are you sure?" Yes... "Well you're dilated to a 9 1/2 so we're going to start pushing." 

Scott called my mom and sister who had driven down Friday night, as I sat back in shock watching the nurses prepare for the delivery. I was overwhelmed that my pregnancy was coming to an end and we would finally be able to meet our sweet baby boy. 

I pushed for 30 minutes when we finally heard his sweet cry as he entered this world! 
Rohan Scott Wyman arrived on Saturday, November 22, 2014 at 9:59 am. He weighed 8 lbs. 2 oz., and was 20 inches long. 

My sweet husband Scott was everything to me during this pregnancy and labor. He was the most incredible support for me & helped me have the strength I didn't know I had. Poor guy had Bronchitis while we were in the hospital & still made sure to jump at my every need. I'm so grateful for him and his support every day, & know I couldn't have ever made it throughout this pregnancy without him. 

I was also so grateful for my sweet mom & sister who immediately drove down to TX to be with us during this special time. My mom was a complete angel who was also by my side during labor, filled our fridge with food, & cooked so many meals and treats. 

We're surrounded by the most incredible families & are so grateful for all the love and support.

Rohan has had the sweetest & calmest disposition since he was born, and we couldn't feel more blessed! 
We are SO IN LOVE with our handsome baby boy. 



























No comments :