3.20.2014

nyx butter glosses

alright, lets talk. 
do you like butter glosses? because currently, I have an obsession & 
need to share this obsession with someone else. 

I used to only wear chapstick on my lips & nothing else. not any lipsticks or glosses were enough for me because they were too cakey or sticky back then. finally I found some of my favorite brands for these products & now I'm completely infatuated.

meet the NYX butter glosses. 
they are beautiful & have the most stunning pigmentation. 
you can find them at ULTA & it doesn't hurt that they're cheap.

I am also equally in love with NYX butter lipsticks, but that's worth another post. 
They have more of a matte finish & solid pigmentation. (some of the lip glosses are translucent) 
the lip glosses will last a lot longer with the lipstick applied underneath.

read below for a long lasting lipstick trick!


(swatches from left to right)

my favorite colors:
(also in order with the picture above^^^)

this comes out as a fair light pink

vibrant purple without being too overwhelming

perfect barbie pink

best color if used over a red matte lipstick, or by itself over chapstick for a less vibrant look

the perfect bright orange

I use this color the most, & is the perfect peach!

nude, with a hint of blush color

theeeee perfect nude gloss

Lipstick Trick: 

Put on a lipstick like regular. Place a tissue over your lips, and with a big brush, blot some powder over the lips. Add a second layer of lipstick, or add a gloss, depending on what look you want to achieve. 

This process sets your lipstick as a long lasting stain underneath, while still leaving it colorful. 

-------------------------------------------

so run to ULTA and get some of these butter glosses! 
they always have coupons so make sure you take those as well...

xo.









No comments :