2.20.2014

cirque ziva & art exhibit

so here I am, back here writing. 
--------

scott took me on a date last weekend & kept our activity a surprise until the very last second...
I hate surprises. wait no, I hate knowing I'm going to be surprised. If you have a surprise for me, don't tell me until you're ready to give it to me??? yeah? or else I'll bug you every second to give me a hint. 

speaking of hints, my two hints I had to beg for were 'asians' and 'creative.' HUH? 
at this point, I thought... we're going to make sushi, play ping pong, or kung fu or something..
I DON'T KNOW?! 

anyways, we started off with cafe rio the holy grail of pork salads. 
I used to hate cafe rio & I'm embarrassed to admit that?


I still didn't know where we were going until we sat down in our seats. 
But behold, CIRQUE ZIVA! Basically exactly like Cirque de Soleil in Vegas, but Asian! 
I LOVE shows like this, and I seriously love the Asian Culture... I don't know where that came from. but I'm cool with it.




They are so ridiculously talented. 
I was the girl openly oo-ing and aww-ing at every move because I just can't wrap my mind around it. 
I think I missed my calling in life. 
Husband, you are super cute. I think he was grinning from ear to ear mainly because he knew he did so good. and that, you did. 

then we stumbled upon an art exhibit.. and took pictures with things that people call art...













HUH? Scott is probably thinking one of two things....
    1. WOW! how did they do this? 
    2. Seriously might consider becoming an artist if all they do is roll up some paper..

anyone have a better caption? 


I love this boy.

but seriously, I'm going to update this more regularly.
you can subscribe over on the right.. by email or GFC
or just keep checking back.
whatever.

xo.

2 comments :

Jessie Ann said...

u guys need to come see us stat. we miss you! and you look adorable!

p.s. i nominated you for a Liebster award!! if you want to participate (no pressure) the deets are posted here! http://www.jessieannjames.com/2014/02/21/liebster-award/

Devan Parkinson said...

Yay! You updated! Love your blog!