5.22.2013

honeymoon days 4// 5//

BEACH DAYS

We were a little burnt out from the previous 3 days.. 
so on Wednesday and Thursday, we decided to chill on the beach and order pina coladas [virgin] all day. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side note: Everyday when I would wake up & walk out to our balcony to read, I would see this old man laying out with his wife beside the pool. You know, one of those old couples that go on all these exotic vacations and spend all their time chilling poolside. Anyways, I got so angry at this poor old man! Angry because he had the best tan in the world and angry because he was totally beating me. He was out there when we woke up, and when we went to bed. I mean he lived there. 
I started competing with him on who could get the best tan..... except he never knew we were having this competition.
He beat me, by the way.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've never been soooo relaxed while having soooo much fun.
The beach was a party... parasailing, jet skis, people playing in the ocean, hair braiding, 
sand castle competitions, beach volleyball, and locals selling more cowboy hats. 
Whats up with those things in Mexico? 

This was our cabana.. & basically where we sat for 2 days straight. 
dreamy.

If you were to take a peak at our bill at the end of the week, 
it would mostly consist of pina coladas.




So... we were kind of sick of the resort food at one point, and we didn't want to travel into the city for dinner that night. When we were traveling a few days before, I had seen a papa johns [our favorite pizza].. so I got this bright idea and told my husband we should order some. 
GENIUS. He was so on board with that idea. We were in heaven and it was one of our best meals :) 

scott was a little afraid of the water at first... 



HA. I'm kidding... I told him I was going to make fun of him in that picture. 


just scott & the waves... they're best friends.

 our lunch everyday: 
chips & salsa
pina colada
banana banshee 






Scott FINALLY got to bury me in the sand. 
I told him to make me something cool... 

..and so he made me into a mermaid with lop-sided breasts.

so I turned him into a short man. 
while I was burying him, there was a thunder storm rolling in and getting pretty close. I was getting really nervous because I could see the rainfall and lightning, equipped with the loudest thunder. I didn't take much time to sculpt his drawing, and ran back to the cabana while I let him dig himself out. 
I am such a nice wife.

but no worries, he's super strong.


We were pretty much the youngest people at our resort, aside from one family & a few kids.
I guess this resort doesn't welcome spring breakers, and isn't one that hosts tons of young families. So the pool was so nice & quite, but would get SO busy during happy hour [3-7pm] every day and all these old people would be partying at our pool bar. We made some friends, and they all gave us that 
'I understand why you're ordering virgin drinks' look when we told them we were from Utah. 

This was our favorite restaurant there, because it had the amazing authentic tacos 
we had been searching for since we got there! 

& this is our friend we caught.
so much friendlier than those huge iguana/lizard things...


we LOVE beach days the most! 









No comments :