5.20.2013

honeymoon days 1// 2//

CANCUN, MEXICO
4.27.13- 5.4.13

I was a little sick the morning we left to Mexico due to the fact that a number of people [who, might I add, hadn't ever traveled to Mexico] had terrified me when explaining how 'unsafe' it was to travel there. It didn't help that the hotel gave us a whole page of exactly what travel agency was picking us up and the exact detailed description of what they looked like, what they were wearing, etc. 
You know, because they have tons of others frauds that try to ween you off into there car....
...so maybe I was a little scared. 

My stomach didn't settle until we arrived safely in our suite at the Resort. 
Scott was never scared, and perfectly calm. 
He will tell you that I'm a total ninny when dealing with that type of stuff. 

I will say though, there wasn't one time we felt unsafe during our whole trip. 

..now onto the details of our dream vacation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

//DAY 1


The Royal Mayan 

Our suite doors-- A & B

goodmorning, cancun.
Scott likes to sleep in, [who does that on vacation] but I for some reason, woke up at 6am every day.
I would go out to our deck, see this view, and read my book.


right off our resort

We spent the first day exploring our resort & our personal beach that was literally attached to our resort. 
Scott and I walked a few miles on the beach and ended up in a spot where we snorkeled. Scott forgot to put sunscreen on his feet, and by night time, his feet were SWOLEN. 
He had cankles. //insert crying laughing face here
He was the typical American tourist that all the locals make fun of. 


These annoying things were EVERYWHERE. 
Scared me dumb out of my mind, every time. 

Sunsets in Cancun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

//DAY 2

Isla Mujeres

We traveled on a ferry over to this island that only has one road, 7 miles long. 

This cute man sang to us the whole way... he must be used to the heat in that thing.

 I have never seen such beautiful crystal clear water in my life.

Sailor Scott...

We rented a golf cart & explored the island. 
Scott & I became pretty sufficient in our negotiating skills.
I found my best friend who was selling nutella crepes.. I can't seem to get away from those things.  







Bienvenido a Isla Mujeres! 



2 comments :

Anna @ Annglophile said...

That looks like a wonderful trip!
Congratulations on your wedding :)
xx

Unknown said...

Morg you are the cutest. Seriously.