12.20.2012

engaged.

December 18, 2012

I'M ENGAGED. 


Meet Scott, my fiance.

***************************************

Scott & I met four months ago, and have been together every day since. 
I'll save the story about how we met for another time, because its that good. 

you see, this guy is the reason I have a perma-grin.

We both knew from very early on that we wanted to marry each other.

 Scott had been telling me that he didn't want our engagement and the Christmas holiday to mix. He also told me that the engagement wouldn't be happening for a few weeks. 
(typical boy lies...)

He knew me too well, purposely leaving a website up & pictures on his phone of the snowmobiling trip we had wanted to plan for this winter, knowing I would look and get suspicious. 
After 'accidentally' stumbling across those pictures, 
he would get flustered like I had just figured out his plan. 
Surely, I thought he'd ask me there. 


Scott had arranged a photo shoot with our friend, Chelsey Searle
who can I add is an amazing photographer. 
He knew that I wanted some better photos of us, 
because the only ones we had were from our Iphones. 

I even told him repeatedly that we couldn't post these pictures online, 
because then they would look like engagements.

And THAT would be an awkward one to explain....

We went up AF Canyon and shot first at Tibble Fork. 
Only heaven knows why I got ready, because it was snowing and we were completely wet within the first 15 minutes. ...so please excuse if my hair looks like a wet dog. 
Chelsey then took us to another spot in the canyon that had a bridge & the most beautiful trees draped with powdered white snow. We took a few shots there where we had a snowball fight, and I again 'accidentally' hit Scott right in the face... ha! 





Chelsey told us she was going to take a few of the props back to her car, and so as I started to follow her, Scott pulled me back. I was so confused. 

He pulled out his sweet & sappy love note for me in the middle of our winter wonderland, and started to read it to my purely shocked face....

I couldn't tell you what that letter said... I literally had a brain freeze.
My lovestruck eyes saw that bling-ety bling. kissed him [a lot]. & said "YES."




Chelsey was hiding in the background during the whole thing 
& managed to capture every second.
(THANK YOU CHELSEY)

It was the perfectly subtle, sweet, & low-key engagement. 
SO RIGHT. & SO ME.
I couldn't have asked for more.

Scott canceled my plans for the rest of the night & 
took me to a candlelit dinner at The Tree--Sundance Resort.

We swooned the rest of the night. 


WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT THING?

**Scott-- I'm sorry if I was mentally checked out of every conversation we had that night. 
But I couldn't stop looking at that beauty.



\\I finally found my forever\\

instagram---> @morgwyman






10 comments :

Lauren Dunn said...

Love YOU. Congratulations pretty girl, y'all seem so happy. You deserve that, him, and the best!!!

Tori Baldridge said...

SERIOUSLY?! This is so beautiful! I'm so happy for you! And these pictures just show the love that you two clearly have .
xoxo
T

Sam said...

Congrats! Such gorgeous pictures and a beautiful story!

xo
Sam

Unknown said...

What an amazing way to propose! Such a great story and you guys are adorable together! Thanks for sharing!

LB said...

morgan, this was the cutest post ever!!! i loved the whole proposal! he did such a great job! so sweet.

JET @ Moscato Villa said...

So awesome..the ring is stunning! Congrats!!

Unknown said...

Omg!!!!! I'm sooooo happy to hear this news!!! No wonder you have been m.i.a. For months! Email me soon because I don't have your email anymore! Miss you back!!!!

Becky Green said...

Morgan, your blog is so adorable. I'm definitely following it. Also, CONGRATULATIONS!! That is such a cute proposal and I'm so happy for you!

chloee said...

you are darling and this is darling! and i am obsessed with your blog!

Chantel said...

sooo perfect!!!! im obsessed with you two.